What to do in Atlantic Beach
Part of the area known as “the Crystal Coast,” this North Carolina gem has something for every beach aficionado. Find out why Coastal Living magazine recently ranked Atlantic Beach one of the best beaches!
1. Play like a kid again. Are you into building sand castles or a new wardrobe? Atlantic Beach has something for everyone. Check out the charter fishing tours at Atlantis Charters or pick up some new gear at the Atlantic Beach Surf Shop. Also, explore the natural grounds of the Fort Macon State Park and learn about its rich history.
2. Stay in a cottage or castle. Lodging options abound at Atlantic Beach. Looking for a funky vibe? Consider trying the Caribbe Inn. Additionally, the Seahawk Inn & Villas offer a luxury stay, complete with kitchen amenities, and it’s right on the beach.
3. Eat the catch of the day (or not). Seafood lovers will rejoice at the plethora of restaurants offering fresh fare. Island Grille — a self-professed “gourmet hole-in-the-wall,” is sure to please with sumptuous entrees like the Seafood Trio Linguine or the Porterhouse Au Poivre. In addition, more casual fare can be found at Channel Marker, including the Scallops Wrapped in Bacon or the Shrimp & Grits. Mmm!
4. Festing or fishing – choices abound. There is always something going on at Atlantic Beach. You’ll find seasonal festivals to fishing tournaments and athletic events. Have kids? Don’t worry, there are plenty of children’s celebrations and activities on the calendar.
5. Explore nearby communities. If you feel like you’ve explored all of your options in Atlantic Beach, you’re just a short drive away from more than a half-dozen other beach communities in the Carolinas, including Beaufort, SC, recently named “One of the Happiest Small Towns in America.”